Each client presents with unique needs. What are yours?
Here’s a list of some of the specialties I focus on in my practice:
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Relationships Issues (LGBTQIA+)
Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender Relationships Issues (LGBTQIA+)
- Coming out process and sexuality identity development
- Being comfortable with your sexuality
- Creating a social support system (i.e. gay-friendly, lesbian-friendly, trans-friendly, etc.)
- Deciding to get married or start a family
- Disenfranchised grief or loss (i.e. Your partner is not recognized by your family or friends.)
- Relationship counseling (i.e dating, marriage, or couples therapy)
- Hispanic culture, rituals and relationship themes
- Exploring and navigating different relationship orientations (i.e. polyamory, open marriage, and kink-friendly relationships)
- Relationship growth (i.e. defining your relationship, coping with relationship stagnation)
- Infidelity (i.e. emotional cheating, surviving an affair, etc.)
- Communication (i.e. conflict resolution, communication skills, etc.)
- Defining relationship roles and expectations
- Pre-marital counseling, marriage counseling, fertility challenges
- Women’s issues (i.e. postpartum depression, exploring motherhood)
- Depression and anxiety (i.e. coping skills and psychoeducation)
What is my therapy approach?
I like to approach the therapeutic process as a team process. Throughout our work together, I will share relevant tools along the way and encourage you to learn more on your own. Most of all, I will use humor and a down to earth to connect with you. Autonomy is my ultimate goal for you.
Clinical modalities or treatment approaches I draw from when working with my clients include:
Read more about counseling techniques here.